Friday, October 16, 2009

Tablescaping My Kitchen Island

Today, I can't decide if I am late for this week's Tablescape Thursday, or super early for next week's Tablescape Thursday.  I'll let you decide. 

Anyhoo, the fact is, probably like a lot of you out there, we don't really use our dining room that much.  Since it is mostly just the two of us for dinner, we usually sit at our kitchen island bar.  So I thought hmmm I'll do a simple tablescape there.

I just used some simple placemats, my everyday dishes, so happy when they came out with the square salad plates, some chocolate brown napkins and a cute little pumpkin. 


For the centerpiece I used some apothocary jars, I'm seriously addicted to apothocary jars, with some fall pretties in them.  Threw some fall leaves and candles around them to complete the look.



Since the evenings are starting to get crisp & cool, I think we'll have some after dinner coffee, maybe with a little Bailey's Irish Creme...



Not a super exciting tablescape this week.  I'll try to do better next week.  Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

Be sure to stop by Between Naps on the Porch for many much more beautiful & exciting tablescapes.  http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/10/welcome-to-60th-tablescape-thursday-and.html
XOXO,

Tracey

6 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Looks warm and cozy to me! And coffee with Bailey's -- ummmmmmm.......

Kathleen said...

Looks good to me!
Put that Baileys's in the frig or it goes bad...unless you drink it fast..:)
Have a great weekend!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love your little counter setting, very creative with the pumpkins, and I love the white pitcher.

sheree said...

I love it!!

Vicci @theplaidbasket said...

This is gorgeous...I must get some apothocary jars! The Baileys Irish cream sounds so yummy.

Maureen said...

I love the fall pretties in the apothecaries! I'd call it late for last week, so you get to do another one this week!